praying mantis from our front yard

Monday, July 25, 2011

Final Project

So for the final project, I worked on my Edmodo page.  Here is a screencast (through Jing) that will teach my students how to use their Edmodo page, http://screencast.com/t/q5IbZAVWxfZ.

Obviously this will continue to be a work in progress throughout the school year.  I hope that it will streamline some of the information for my students, and I hope that this will give students a chance to explore their opinions comfortably.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't taken the time to check out edmodo but your screen cast did a great job of explaining the tools even to a teacher. I really like that you used a screen cast to show students how to use the edmodo page. I feel like screen casts are going to become more and more useful because it gives students an idea of what something looks like as well as shows students how they can interact with the the tool.

    It seemed like you have a pretty good grasp of what edmodo can do and I am interested in checking this tool out for myself to see what I can use edmodo for.

    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be into facebook, myspace, etc. and Edmodo seems like a great way to get students involved with a social network while still maintaining and educational focus. Your project looks like it will be really appealing to the students and will get a lot of engagement and participation out of your classes. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great screencast explaining Edmodo to students (and teachers, as Kevin pointed out)! I am excited to use Edmodo with my students as well, and am glad to have a spot that is "safe" for students to be on that I can still administrate. Thank you for sharing your hard work--we're all in the same boat with our projects being future works-in-progress, I think! Great work!

    ReplyDelete