praying mantis from our front yard

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Visual Aids


First off I really enjoyed this week’s topic.  Obviously pictures and videos are a necessary part of teaching science, as stated by Bransford and colleagues.  But what the web has allowed our students and teachers to assist in the students comprehension is incredible.  I loved the Digital Storytelling piece and am planning on looking into getting a webcam or equivalent so that my students can tell their “stories” on topics that are difficult for them, like protein synthesis.  I actually used Jing to create a voice thread to teach my environmental science students how to use a particular website in our class.
As for my role in regards to copyright I am lacking in this area.  I rarely cite references for images  and text that I borrow, and that is obviously something I will need to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment