praying mantis from our front yard

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Web Tools Week 4


I explored all of the tools this week, a few of which I had already used in the my classroom:
·      Create- a Graph- I have never used this tool, instead I typically rely on Excel.  However, for my lower-performing students this is much easier to use than trying to teach them to use Excel.
·      Glogster- I used this a few years ago and have recommended it to other teachers.  My students created posters on alternative energy.  The biggest drawback that we had was the amount of time it took for them to load.
·      Google Earth- I have used this for my own personal school work, and not so much with my students.  I did like the galleries and I believe that many of these will fit in nicely with AP Environmental Science.
·      Challenge-Based Learning- There seemed to be limited details on this program on the website.  I do agree that our current curriculum isn’t working, but I would like to see some real examples.
·      Project-Based Learning- I have heard of this model before and have “unknowingly” introduced it to my Environmental Science students.  These sound like great things to implement, but it seems like they require a lot of work on the front-end and students have to buy-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment