praying mantis from our front yard

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Follow Up on Setting the Stage

Most of the feedback that I received from my my peers after my initial post was in agreement with many of the points that I mentioned.  I ( and others) still have some concerns with the reliability of technology in the schools.  For example just this week we were administering state tests online for a summer program, and one student was not allowed access to the test because the system did not acknowledge his entry code.  This ended up costing the student and personnel valuable time on the day of the incident, and tomorrow when he tests "again" he will have lost opportunities to work on projects.

However I am more excited to incorporate all the new technology that I learned about in this class, and so I feel that my early negativity has subsided.  I really look forward to teaching my students how to use technology using screen casts and incorporating shared documents for working on projects.  Hopefully I won't get so behind in the next few years, in terms of technology, otherwise I will be back for another round.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am glad that I was able to overcome my initial negativity. I almost dropped this course! But I agree, I'm so excited to incorporate much of this new technology into my daily classroom environment. I imagine there will be glitches along the way but less and less as time goes on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete