praying mantis from our front yard

Friday, July 15, 2011

Web Tools Week 5

This week I looked at photo tools.  I felt that I was pretty familiar with programs associated with photos, but I was wrong.  First I looked at Flickr.  I know that is blocked by our school system, so I looked into at home.  For personal use I really like the ability to link pictures to maps- I found that really interesting- it gives visitors to your pictures a unique perspective.  Again thought it is blocked- so I can’t use it at work.
Then I looked at Picnik- which was awesome.  I can envision either taking photos and uploading them to this site or using their upload from the web feature, and having my students label diagrams, processes.  Here is an example of what my students might try:










I found Animoto and PhotoPeach to be very similar to PhotoStory, but perhaps easier to use and with the web access capability, I think that my students would find this easier to use.  Again though  I need to see if these are blocked at work.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of having students add labels to pictures. It's a great formative assessment. I also need to check everything to see what will pass through the school filters - very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete